We created this curriculum as an affordable alternative to commercial curricula that required expensive software, student workbooks, or per-student licensing. All materials are platform independent (PC or Mac) and do not require any specialized software (e.g. DreamWeaver) for either the teacher or the lab computers.
The curriculum adheres closely to the International Society for Technology in Education Standards for Computer Science Educators (ISTE-CSE). These standards include best practices when teaching with technology in education.
The Introduction to Web Design course includes all materials needed to teach an introductory web design class at the high school level. The curriculum teaches students how to create websites entirely by hand-coding valid XHTML 1.0 and CSS 2.1 (see why we chose these versions in our FAQ page) and includes the following:
- 12 weeks of daily lesson plans (60 days of 50-minute instruction).
- 24 slide presentations (210+ slides) to teach the core concepts.
- 6 student handouts and exercises (not graded)
- 21 class projects, including a comprehensive final project.
- 21 grading rubrics, one for each project.
- 20 XHTML/CSS source code samples, one for each project.
- 8 weekly quizzes and a midterm exam.
- Suggested grading worksheet for teachers.
All materials are in unlocked digital format and thus are fully editable. Teachers are free to modify and customize the materials to meet the needs of their own classroom environments.
|Teacher Requirements :||Desktop or laptop (Windows or Mac).
Microsoft Office or OpenOffice.
|Student Requirements :||Desktop, laptop, Chromebook, or netbook (Windows or Mac).
Basic text editor such as Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac).
|Course Prerequisites :||None.|
|Delivery Format :||Digital download.|
|Curriculum Price :||$249.00 per school. (Unlimited teachers, students, and computers. License never expires.)|
Order and Download the Curriculum for Your School Today