Note: the following material is from an older, outdated version of the web design curriculum pack. Please read about the revised and updated version of our Introduction to Web Design Curriculum.
At the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Create tables, rows, and columns with XHTML
- Identify some different ways that tables can be used.
- Create a new folder called Tables.
- Copy the Skeleton from the class website and paste it into a new Notepad file.
- Save the file as basicTables.html. Make sure this file is saved in your Tables folder.
- Create the following tables using XHTML. Place all the tables in the same XHTML document, one after another.
- Create the following table in XHTML, substituting your own favorite animals and plants.
- Put your class schedule into a table. Include the period number, class, and teacher.
||Create A Web
||Flash and Fireworks
- Make a calendar for one week. This table should have just one row and seven columns. Put the correct day of the week in each column.
- Make a list of your four most important values. This table should have four rows and just one column in each row.
|Table 1 displays properly in a web browser and contains no errors.
|Table 2 displays properly in a web browser and contains no errors.
|Table 3 displays properly in a web browser and contains no errors.
|Table 4 displays properly in a web browser and contains no errors.
|The project was submitted on time (20% off for each day late)
For full projects and source code, download the updated version of our Introduction to Web Design Curriculum.