Note: the following material is from an older, outdated version of the web design curriculum pack. Please read about the revised and updated version of our Introduction to Web Design Curriculum.
- Add comments and horizontal rules to a web page.
- Use comments effectively in a web page.
- Link to other web pages.
- Use the target attribute to open web pages in a new browser window.
- Open the XHTML document you created in Headings, Paragraphs, and Lists.
- Add two line breaks at the end of each paragraph. The line breaks should be after the text but with the <p></p> tags. On a new line, make a link to another web page where the user can find more information on what you wrote about.
- At least one of the links should open in a new window.
- Add a horizontal rule after each paragraph. The width should be something less than 100%.
- Add comments into your XHTML document to summarize each paragraph.
|Everything from Project 2 is included in the document.||3|
|A link for more information follows the first paragraph.||3|
|A link for more information follows the second paragraph.||3|
|A link for more information follows the third paragraph.||3|
|One of the links opens in a new window.||3|
|Line breaks separate the paragraphs from the links.||3|
|Horizontal rules with specified widths separate the paragraphs.||3|
|Comments are used effectively in the XHTML document to summarize each paragraph.||3|
|The project was submitted on time (20% off for each day late)|
For full projects and source code, download the updated version of our Introduction to Web Design Curriculum.